Position: Applications Engineer
Type: Full-Time, Onsite
Location: High Point, NC
Salary: $75,000 – $85,000
Benefits: Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance, 401K
The Applications Engineer plays a pivotal role in our sales and engineering teams. Responsibilities will include assisting the sales team with creating proposal-level finishing system layout drawings, along with helping develop sales proposals for the systems that are designed. Beginning with initial customer interaction, other duties will include site visits to gather facility details for floorplan dimensions, communicating with vendors/customers/local authorities, and developing approval drawings. These systems would typically include a variety of equipment related to finishing: overhead hangline conveyor, spray booths, robotic finishing equipment, ductwork, sheet metal enclosures, etc. The deliverables for each project would include conveying accurate information to equipment vendors and members of the engineering team to develop detailed shop drawings for fabrication.
Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Associates or Bachelors with +3 years experience
AutoCAD or equivalent (Autodesk AutoCAD and Inventor Experience is a plus)
Microsoft Office Suite
Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, Outlook
- Strong mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills
- Experience with plant layouts for manufacturing equipment
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of fabrication as it applies to the fabrication and erection of structural steel, sheet metal, and ductwork
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of company organization and interacts with other team members to ensure project sales success
- Work with Sales team to create proposal drawings and specifications for finishing systems.
- Prepare for, attends and participates in regular status meetings with sales and engineering teams.
- Effectively communicates relevant fabrication/project information to peers and vendors.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Project Management for Installation of Finishing Systems as needed.
- Establish and Maintain Vendor Relationships.
- Work with Sales Team in quoting process.
Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications
401K immediately eligible (if 21 or over)- matching contributions of 100% of your pretax contributions up to 3% of your compensation, plus 50% of your pre- tax contributions up to an additional 2% of compensation
Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance – eligible after 90 day probation period
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION SEND YOUR RESUME TO LAUREN BALL, firstname.lastname@example.org